Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The beat (down) goes on

I saw a few minutes of last night's debate fight between Hillary and Barack on the PBS news tonight. Then a cut to Hillary saying that because of the results in New Hampshire and Nevada, Barack is getting "frustrated."

Does she think Barack can't add? He's AHEAD in the delegate count, Hillary. And we know you've noticed otherwise you and Bill wouldn't be beating up on him so much.

I hope Barack's attention to their attacks is merely a ploy to keep it fresh in the minds of South Carolina voters and not an indication that he's going to operate the remainder of his campaign like this.

The media presents this race for the White House like a sports competition, and I must say that the last time I felt like this was when I lived in Chicago and was rooting for the Bulls.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to feel that the outcome here is finally no more important than the outcome of a Bulls game. After all, George Bush has never actually won (in terms of votes received) a presidential election; however, he's been running the country (into the ground) for nearly 8 years.

No comments: